Onra asked us to post this on our website, because he is looking for cover art for his upcoming “Chinoiseries Pt. 2”. He decided to hold a contest and kinda ‘pre-chopped’ some images if you will. See this as him handing you some relevant samples and asking you to chop it up into some music. Now I know there are some graphic designers out there that will love this idea of ‘samples’ being chosen for them to work with and I think it’s a good idea to get on the same page. For all you graphic designers that would like to give it a try, HERE is the download link to the zip file containing everything you need.
Now the assignment is simple. Onra is asking you guys to design front and back covers for vinyl. Including the circles on the vinyl (4 of them, as it’s a double vinyl release). The winner wins a few records and CD’s from Onra’s discography…authographed if needed plus a free T-shirt. Since the record is going to be out late 2011, your deadline is October 31st.
Pt. 2 sounds a lot like the first Chinoiseries, but perhaps a bit more tragic, raw and dramatic. You understand Onra not sharing the music with you guys. I’d like to end this post with some hotness Onra dropped via Soundcloud recently and a few indications Onra left for the designers.
Onra – No Comment[audio:http://www.moovmnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Onra-No-Comment-MOOVMNT.mp3]
– HINT: I REALLY LIKE THE DRUMMER…
– MAKE SURE YOU START WITH THE RIGHT DIMENSIONS. SEE THE ZIP FILE.
– I DONT HAVE THE NAMES YET. ON THE BACK, LEAVE SPACE FOR 32 TRACKS…
– WATCH OUT WHEN YOU USE CHINESE TEXTS. MALE SURE YOU KIND OF KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.
– CHINESE AND VIETNAMESE STYLE DOESNT MEAN JAPANESE OR KOREAN STYLE…
– LOGOS HAVE TO BE ON THE BACK COVER. SMALL IF POSSIBLE.
– I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF “ASIAN STYLE” FONTS THAT LOOKS LIKE THE MENU OF A RESTAURANT. BUT IF PERSONALIZED, THEN MAYBE.
– KEEP IN MIND IT HAS TO LOOK LO-FI, NOT TOO CLEAN… THE MUSIC SOUNDS DIRTY, AND THE COVER HAS TO REFLECT THAT.
– I AM A PICKY MOTHERFUCKER…
THANKS FOR DOWNLOADING THIS PACK.
HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE FEW ARTWORKS I “SAMPLED”.